We’ve curated the best content from our healthcare insights for you. Read these articles to stay ahead of the curve.
- by Jim Gibson, President, Gibson Consultants (This article originally appeared in Healthcare Musings in March 2010) November 2018 - A few years ago, when my children were in the lower grades of elementary school, the Superintendent of Schools delivered what instantly became one of my favorite lines. Compassionately breaking the news to the parents that …Read More »
- By Dan Gebremedhin, MD October 2018 - As a physician and health plan executive turned healthcare tech/service investor, I’ve enjoyed bringing a fresh perspective to examine the gamut of healthcare business models over the last 3+ years. In that survey, I’ve come to appreciate a factor of paramount importance in successful business models: alignment of …Read More »
- By Jay Anders, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Medicomp Systems September 2018 - At a recent health IT user conference, the organization’s leaders laid out their vision for a single shared network of health care data that would span a global network of health care systems. I am sure that the crowd was very supportive of …Read More »
- Author’s Note: Seven years ago, I underwent a fairly common life-saving surgery. While there has been much discussion - and some misunderstanding - about screening for this condition, this remains true: vigilance amid the patient-doctor relationship is still the wise choice. This article originally appeared in Healthcare Musings in May 2012. by Jim Gibson, President, Gibson Consultants August 2018 - While surfing …Read More »
- By Gary Austin, President, TranzformHealth July 2018 - In every industry where price transparency has occurred, the industry has been significantly transformed. Examples such as Expedia (Travel & Tourism), Amazon (Retail), StubHub (Entertainment), Zillow (Real Estate) and Uber (Transportation) have forced a lowering of prices in their respective verticals by making real-time price information available …Read More »
To read prior Healthcare Musings articles, please visit our archive