We’ve curated the best content from our healthcare insights for you. Read these articles to stay ahead of the curve.
- by Darin Brannan September 2017 - The 2009 HITECH Act ignited a profound shift in how providers document our health, taking us from paper-based charting to electronic health records in just a few short years. Although the success of the legislation’s original intention—to make the sharing of medical records infinitely easier—is still up for debate, another …Read More »
- Retained and contingency healthcare search firms unite and open new office WILMINGTON, NC – September 7, 2017 – Gibson Consultants LLC, a retained search firm serving healthcare payors and digital health companies, announced today that it has merged with its affiliate, Enterprise Recruiters LLC, a contingency recruiting firm also focused on digital health companies. The …Read More »
- James T. Gibson, President of Gibson Consultants, will speak at “The Job Market in Health IT” breakout session at the 3rd Annual Health IT + Revenue Cycle Conference. Mr. Gibson’s session will be on Saturday September 23, 1017 and will be moderated by Scott Becker, JD, CPA, Publisher, Becker’s Healthcare. Read moreRead More »
- by Dave Bennett August 2017 - Because of the wealth of information found in claims data—bills for service, lab work, medications, prescriptions, and more—today’s payer has a unique longitudinal view of the patient’s complete medical history. This puts the payer in a unique position for understanding the finer points of the patient’s health narrative, including details like …Read More »
- by Jeff Spafford July 2017 - Poor patient compliance and adherence to specialty and highly managed medication is a growing problem that costs the healthcare system more than $300 billion annually. Compliance is taking medication correctly as prescribed by a doctor, while adherence is taking and filling prescriptions on one’s own. Patient adherence is especially challenging within the …Read More »