We’ve curated the best content from our healthcare insights for you. Read these articles to stay ahead of the curve.
- by Staci Porter May 2019 - The Russian proverb “Trust, but verify” entered the American lexicon in the 1980s when it became a favorite mantra of Ronald Reagan during arms-reduction negotiations with the Soviet Union. Reagan understood that while trust can provide a strong foundation for a relationship or agreement, verification is also needed to …Read More »
- by Chase Johanson (This article originally appeared in Healthcare Value Analysis & Utilization Management Magazine https://valueanalysismag.com/the-supply-chain-stars-of-tomorrow-understand-this-value-analysis/) A Recruiter’s Perspective Chase Johanson, Hospital Supply Recruiter, Gibson Consultants The Value Analysis Professional Vs. the Rising Cost of Healthcare According to projections, “Under current law, national health spending is predicted to grow at an average rate of 5.5 percent …Read More »
- By Robin Hill April 2019 - With U.S. healthcare evolving toward a value-based system that rewards quality over quantity, provider organizations are being required to take on more patient risk than in past contractual agreements with payers. That means providers must collect as much relevant patient data as possible to develop risk-minimization strategies. As a …Read More »
- By Matthew Sappern March 2019 - Expectant mothers might want to consider medical tourism to Poland or Estonia or Saudi Arabia. According to the CIA World Factbook and a study in the medical journal The Lancet, these countries and MANY more have better rates of maternal mortality than the United States. (1) The US ranks …Read More »
- by Jim Gibson (This article originally appeared in Healthcare Musings in November 2011) February 2019 - Last month’s article discussed how finding and attracting good people is Job #1 of the successful CEO. There are many ways to do this, and the methods vary according to circumstances. A common approach – and one that is …Read More »
To read prior Healthcare Musings articles, please visit our archive