We’ve curated the best content from our healthcare insights for you. Read these articles to stay ahead of the curve.
- By Thomas Borzilleri November 2017 - The rumored $66 billion merger of retail pharmacy CVS and health insurer Aetna holds strong potential to inflict financial pain on American patients by artificially inflating prescription drug prices while reducing transparency and competition. The Aetna-CVS deal is the latest in an ongoing trend that has seen health insurers …Read More »
- By Brooke LeVasseur October 2017 - The U.S. health system today is facing unprecedented demands – from decreasing reimbursements to ever-changing regulations to the transition from fee-for-service reimbursement to value-based care models. Yet, amidst it all, healthcare stakeholders still need to achieve the holy grail of healthcare: higher quality care -- at lower costs -- …Read More »
- by Darin Brannan September 2017 - The 2009 HITECH Act ignited a profound shift in how providers document our health, taking us from paper-based charting to electronic health records in just a few short years. Although the success of the legislation’s original intention—to make the sharing of medical records infinitely easier—is still up for debate, another …Read More »
- Retained and contingency healthcare search firms unite and open new office WILMINGTON, NC – September 7, 2017 – Gibson Consultants LLC, a retained search firm serving healthcare payors and digital health companies, announced today that it has merged with its affiliate, Enterprise Recruiters LLC, a contingency recruiting firm also focused on digital health companies. The …Read More »
- James T. Gibson, President of Gibson Consultants, will speak at “The Job Market in Health IT” breakout session at the 3rd Annual Health IT + Revenue Cycle Conference. Mr. Gibson’s session will be on Saturday September 23, 1017 and will be moderated by Scott Becker, JD, CPA, Publisher, Becker’s Healthcare. Read moreRead More »