We’ve curated the best content from our healthcare insights for you. Read these articles to stay ahead of the curve.
- By Dan Gebremedhin, MD October 2018 - As a physician and health plan executive turned healthcare tech/service investor, I’ve enjoyed bringing a fresh perspective to examine the gamut of healthcare business models over the last 3+ years. In that survey, I’ve come to appreciate a factor of paramount importance in successful business models: alignment of …Read More »
- By Jay Anders, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Medicomp Systems September 2018 - At a recent health IT user conference, the organization’s leaders laid out their vision for a single shared network of health care data that would span a global network of health care systems. I am sure that the crowd was very supportive of …Read More »
- Author’s Note: Seven years ago, I underwent a fairly common life-saving surgery. While there has been much discussion - and some misunderstanding - about screening for this condition, this remains true: vigilance amid the patient-doctor relationship is still the wise choice. This article originally appeared in Healthcare Musings in May 2012. by Jim Gibson, President, Gibson Consultants August 2018 - While surfing …Read More »
- By Gary Austin, President, TranzformHealth July 2018 - In every industry where price transparency has occurred, the industry has been significantly transformed. Examples such as Expedia (Travel & Tourism), Amazon (Retail), StubHub (Entertainment), Zillow (Real Estate) and Uber (Transportation) have forced a lowering of prices in their respective verticals by making real-time price information available …Read More »
- By Doug Schneider, Former CEO of Connecture June 2018 - I spent much of my full-time professional career focused on innovation, and much of that time in healthcare information technology. To be sure, not every innovation effort was a success – indeed, the essence of innovation is about managing risk and if everything always worked it …Read More »
To read prior Healthcare Musings articles, please visit our archive