We’ve curated the best content from our healthcare insights for you. Read these articles to stay ahead of the curve.
- by Jean Rush, Independent Board Member, former EVP Government Markets, Highmark December 2019 - In 2019, CMS provided Medicare Advantage plans with greater flexibility in the definition of “supplemental benefits,” allowing these benefits if they “compensate for physical impairments, diminish the impact of injuries or health conditions, and/or reduce avoidable emergency room utilization.“ In essence, …Read More »
- by Ara Kouchakdjian, VP Product Management at Stanley Healthcare November 2019 - The challenge: Figuring out a release date For non-engineers, software processes are a black box. Those of us facing the market want a simple answer to the question: “when can the client generate value from the new release?” Explanations from many product and …Read More »
- by Ellen Harrison, VP of Operations & Market Strategy, HMS October 2019 - At some point, most healthcare organizations will likely need to communicate with members in some type of emergency or rapid response situation, whether it’s a natural disaster, public health crisis or prescription recall. Just consider the state of natural disasters in 2018. …Read More »
- by Julie Mann, Chief Commercial Officer, Holon Solutions September 24, 2019 - The healthcare information technology (HIT) market is expected to grow from more than $187 billion this year to more than $390 billion by 2024. Much of this growth is driven by healthcare providers, health plans and policymakers collectively concluding that the fragmented, inefficient …Read More »
- by Michael Woods, Global Chief Medical Officer, caresyntax August 27, 2019 - When one speaks of patient injury in healthcare, it’s easy to point at the statistics. However, almost everyone has a friend or family member who is represented by those statistics. Through that lens, patient harm becomes very personal. Yet the rate of all-cause …Read More »
To read prior Healthcare Musings articles, please visit our archive